Thursday, August 26, 2010

Motivation and other things...

Sometimes I feel like I need more hands! Especially when trying to wrangle a multi-layered petticoat onto the mannequin, hold it up, pin it, and not stab myself. At the same time. Yeah.

A personality quirk of mine resurfaced tonight. I've had a bit of a spiral down into the deep abyss of procrastination (otherwise known as youtube) this week, because I got into the habit of getting up late and doing nothing the two weeks prior, wherein I was dying of flu.

I hate the flu.

Anyway, I haven't been all that motivated and my dad pointed out that just a week ago, when I first got reasonably healthy again, I was all;

"RAARRRGGH! Goals! Schedule! Working! Achieving set tasks!"

And then I didn't. Because The Internet.

He then made some comment, I can't remember the specifics, but the between the lines meaning was he thought it was a shame I still hadn't finished my current commission.

For some reason this triggered my motivation button.

My motivation button gets pressed only when someone thinks I can't achieve something. When people are praising whatever I'm doing, encouraging me, and having faith in my ability to complete the task, I couldn't care less. When they tell me I don't have the skill set, or the time, or the motivation, my brain sends out one message;

"I'LL SHOW YOOOOOOU!'

And then I work like the energizer bunny on speed until I complete the task. Like I just did.

I'm tired now.

I'm quite glad for my motivation button, really. It's quite an efficient way of getting things done. All I need to do is continue to take on tasks that I seemingly can't complete, and find people to tell me as much.

That's all for tonight internetz. I'm off to watch youtube and drink tea before I go to bed.

No comments: