Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dear intarwebz

I know I started off all professional, but I'm too full of caffeine to care. Have a shamelessly cut-n-pasted blog about my work this evening!


Whoo!

It's half three, and I have to get up at nine to run to the shop for another meter of black cotton, some zips, and some cord, because I SUCK EPICLY at estimating yardage. Yes. I bought eight meters of cording today! That's on top of what I'd already sewn. And I'm going to need another three or four meters, cause I found that double rows looked cooler. Hmm.

Anyway, in order to maintain alertness in my epic late nighter I inhaled some of the stodgy-est coffee known to man. I'm not actually sure it counts as coffee really. A tablespoon of instant coffee, two tablespoons of hot chocolate, a spoonful of sugar, boiling water, and the tiniest amount of soy milk on top of it. It was thiiiiick and glooooopy and now I'm really wired and it's three in the morning and I don't want to go to bed cause I'm wiiiiiiiiide awake except for the odd occasion when I stop being able to focus my eyes properly.

Yes.

Here is me gollum garding my coffee;


And the resulting caffeinated hi-jinks (you can't really tell, but that blue blob is my foot. I was trying to adopt a sort of "kung fu HI-YAA kind of pose with all my sewing implements in order to demonstrate my preparedness for the night ahead)


And here is the nights work, all in a nice little pile. I just have to finish the fastenings on the shirts cause I (bloody bloody effing blinding etc) forgot to buy the zips while I was out today. It's probably an hour, hour and a half's work at most. I'll do it before lunch and run the lot over to the post office.


And to finish it off - I'm feeling manically alert. After I compulsively check all my websites and ponder a little more why all my recent pictures off my cell phone have a red line through them I'm going to tidy the bomb site that is my sewing space. I've bled into the lounge now, and the whole room is starting to frighteningly resemble my bedroom floor when I was fifteen. This must be averted.

MANIC ALERTNESS FACE!

No comments: