Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dear multi-coloured polka cotton.

You make the most amazing dresses.

I'm really pleased with this dress. I've always been a sucker for a splash of vivid colour on a black outfit, and when I saw this multi-colour polka dot print in the store I knew it had to be a dress.

The whole thing is lined in bright red pongee, all seams are hidden, everything is hemmed well, and it fits beautifully. I was originally going to simply use my boat neck pattern but I thought a high neckline was a bit too "sweet" for this fabric and colour combination.

I've paired it with blood red boots, but all my photo-shopping has taken most of the colour out. Such a shame, as they are the most beautiful colour. The gorgeous green necklace I'm wearing is courtesy of my wonderful mama (you can contact her about jewelery at kaylenemary@hotmail.com) and is one of the great loves of my life.

On to the photos. I had a great time fixing the colour gradients with these images. I like to try and get them to look more like paintings than actual photos, and of course the vintage tint just makes me melt.



I will be listing this as an option on my etsy store shortly. It is an empire waist, box pleated, vintage-style dress and will retail custom for $103.95USD. I'm still working on my off the rack prices and will only be creating standard size RTW dresses if enough interest is expressed.

No comments: